Students are required to wear a uniform to martial arts classes, including sparring. No uniform is required for Cardio Kickboxing.
Martial Arts Gi:
- Gi tops must have “West Shore Academy of Martial Arts” on the back, see the office for where to have the letters applied
- Gi tops must have 3 patches. Patches are available in the office for $12.00
- the lion patch – located on the left front
- the American flag – located on the right sleeve
- the Korean flag – located on the left sleeve
- A T-shirt may be worn under the gi top (optional)
- T-shirt must be the same color as the gi top
- No words or pictures on the T-shirt may show through the white gi top
- No jewelry is permitted
- Children are allowed to wear the school T-shirt instead of the gi top year-round
- Adults may wear the school T-shirt instead of the gi top only between the June and September tests
- When the T-shirt is worn, it must be tucked into the gi pants.
General Gi care:
- Respect your gi!
- Gi’s should always be laundered and ironed
- Gi’s should always be folded in the traditional manner
- Respect your belt! You worked hard to earn it!
- NEVER wash your belt.
- If your belt comes off during class, carefully fold it and place it to the side – NEVER throw your belt!
- Belts must always be tied correctly! To learn to tie your belt correctly or ask a black belt.